Okay so when I woke up this morning it suddenly dawned on me that this was in Friday 13th. I’m quite a superstitious person at times so was a little apprehensive about getting out of bed after the week I have had.
On Wednesday (11th) someone igit banged into my car while I was a local roundabout. Of course I was a little shook up as you don’t expect the driver the outside lane to suddenly want to turn left and drive through you; but what got my goat up really badly was the fact that he hit me and then drove off!!! I don’t mean to be sexist here but bloody typical man!! However, that wasn’t the last of the story…
A very kind lady pulled in and put her window enquiring was I ok. She commented that he had drove back up toward to the way we had both came down. Right that was it – I saw red and took off after him. Heart in my mouth and still a little shaken I wasn’t sure what I was doing but my mission was to go after him and challenge him (I’m a very quiet kinda girl normally who doesn’t like conflict so this is totally out of character). Anyway to my amazement I caught up with him at another roundabout up the hill. He had pulled in to check his car for damage.
Okay so at this point I he had saw me pulling behind him and I was thinking “Oh wick what am I going to say now”. He came straight over to my car window apologizing profoundly for driving off – he realised I wasn’t going anywhere.
Anyway long story short we attended the local police station got it all documented – he admitted it was his fault and then it was off to work.
Yesterday was a busy day of running about the county (well Bangor and Newtownards) getting wallpaper, bedding and of course I had to visit the LYS for some sublime DK silk merino. We had three hours to kill while the dogs were at the groomers have cut and blow-dries (they have great social lives lol).
So today I was anxious but it has been grand. So here’s some Friday 13th facts to keep you all busy reading while we all wait for this day to pass…
- In acient Rome, Friday was execution day, while in Britian Friday was customarily hanging day.
- It is supposedly that ‘witches’ favour Fridays for coven gatherings – known as the witches sabbath
- The number thirteen is supposed to be associated with the number of witches in a coven.
- The thirteenth card in a tarot deck is the death card.
- The ancient Egyptians revered thirteen was the number of the last step a soul took on its journey to eternity, twelve steps taken in life and the final one at death into the eternal glory of the afterlife.
- Perhaps of interest, is that the Chinese consider thirteen to be a lucky number.